I visit horses within 1 hour of Okehampton, Devon, UK
What you can expect at your horse’s appointment:
- I will take a thorough history of your horse and the reasons you have asked me to see them.
- We will discuss any veterinary investigations and interventions. Team work with professionals such as farriers, saddler, dentists, nutritionists is also key.
- I will see them move in hand, if not on restricted exercise, and if possible on the lunge. Showing me a video of them being ridden is very useful too.
- I will conduct a hands-on assessment of the whole of the horse, checking for pain, restriction, limitations and stiffness. Holistic assessment includes body condition, foot balance and saddle check.
- Using all this information I will form a treatment plan, which we can discuss in detail.
- Treatment may include a combination of manual therapies and electrotherapies, following an evidence-based approach.
- I will select exercises for your horse to ensure your horse gets the maximum benefit from treatment.